The Imagination Station is a new nonprofit whose humble first job is to clean up 2230 and 2236 14th street, two blighted historic houses on Roosevelt Park facing the iconic ruins of Michigan Central Station in Detroit’s Corktown neighborhood. Click and spin the map to see the park, train station, and surrounding area:
In time, the Imagination Station's campus (which includes the houses and several vacant lots next door) will contain the following elements:
• Media Center – to provide computer training to our community and artists and entrepreneurs.
• Living Quarters for 2 Technologists in Residence
• Art Gallery: Public Art Exhibition Space
• Public Space: An Outdoor Green Space to be used for cultural activities supporting music, culinary, visual, and social events
• Three vacant lots that will be re-purposed in a manner that is consistent with our mission and vision while functioning as a reliable future revenue stream